The Girl Child Protection Scheme is aimed at preventing gender discrimination by empowering and protecting rights of girl children through direct investment from Government.The Girl Child Protection Scheme enhance status of girl child and promotes adoption of small family norm by ensuring holistic development of the girl child for a bright future entailing improved sex ratio besides preventing female infanticide.
The scheme aims to:-
- Promote enrollment and retention of the girl child in school and to ensure her education at least up to intermediate level.
- Encourage girls to get married only after the age of 18 years.
- Encourage parents to adopt family planning norm with two girl children.
- Protect the rights of the girl child and provide social and financial empowerment to girl child.
- Eliminate negative cultural attitudes and practices against girls.
- Strengthen the role of the family in improving the status of the girl child.
- Extend a special dispensation to Orphans/Destitutes and differently abled girls
[Updated every one year ]
|Year||Registered||CDPO Confirmed||PD Confirmed||Proceedings Issued||LIC Accepted||Certificates Generated||Objected||Non-Traceable||Death Cases|
Note:- To view Latest Counts click here